Take a (virtual) step for the alternative
Can’t march on 26 March? There's loads more ways to get involved
March 26th is expected to be the largest civil society demonstration in almost ten years. However we realise that it’s not practical or feasible for everyone join in the march.
Whether you're attending the march or not you can help create an online protest that matches that on the street. Here's how.
- Add a step. Add a twibbon to your Facebook or Twitter profile and help publicise the March for the Alternative. Or choose one of these 26 March twibbons: #26March and 26Marching
- Take your own step. Add your own foot, shoe or boot image to your Facebook profile and update your status to why you are supporting the march: "I’m taking a step for Preston Library on 26 March", "I'm marching to cut the cuts".
- Get tweeting. Encourage everyone to take a step for the alternative – use the hashtags #26March and #stepforward.
- Join the Armchair Army's virtual march, and help them bombard the media.
- Email your message of solidarity to the virtual protest organised by Disabled People Against Cuts and Beyond Clicktivism.
- Submit your own protest: Made a banner, artwork or other creative work to protest against the cuts? Add it to Virtual Protest.
- Ask your charity, voluntary or community group to ‘take a step’ for the alternative and support the campaign. Get them to tweet about the savage and unfair effect of the cuts on those they work with.
- Help us tell your story about the effect of the cuts – use our "Add a cut" and "Add a testimony" buttons.
And if you can join us on 26 March, find out all the details at the March for the Alternative website.