Peterborough Council staff PE1
Peterborough City Council expects to remove 181 staff posts in 2011/12 due to budget cuts.
This figure excludes redundancies already in progress prior to the 2011/12 budget proposals, and also includes imminent restructures not included in the council’s medium term financial strategy, such as in business support services.
The council is also planning to remove benefits and introduce charges for staff members:
* enhanced staff childcare benefits will be removed, affecting 42 employees
* removal of Essential Car User Allowance, likely to affect around 430 staff
* introducing an annual car parking fee for all staff, set at £500 a year and affecting 1,600 employees
In line with national government policy, a public sector pay freeze is in place.
- Source: democracy.peterborough.gov.uk/mgConvert2PDF.aspx?ID=6905
- Posted by: Chaminda Jayanetti at 2:31am on 30 November 2010
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?