Manchester libraries service
Manchester City Council plans to implement a variety of cuts to its library service:
* review of opening hours, to save £463k from 2011-13
* review of the mobile library service, to save £500k from 2011-13
* 20 percent cut to the book fund
* homework support provision to either cease or be directly funded by schools from July 2011
* reduced IT replacement programme
* 50 percent reduction in IT facilitators
Hulme Library will be relocated, while five libraries - Clayton, East City, Rack House, Barlow Moor and Miles Platting - will close (these closures are listed individually on the False Economy site).
- Source: www.manchester.gov.uk/egov_downloads/NeighbourhoodServicesDirector…
- Posted by: Chaminda Jayanetti at 6:46am on 9 February 2011
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?