Links Project, Ealing W4
Ealing Council plans to close the Links Project at the end of March 2011. The Links Project is a day service that runs from two geographical bases: one in the east of the London Borough of Ealing (Acton) and the other in the west of the borough (Greenford).
It endeavours to work with communities to promote mental wellbeing and support people with significant mental health problems.
Its aims are:
• Prevent or minimise frequent re-admission to hospital
• Promote the development of interpersonal relationships
• Allow people opportunities to explore their potential and follow their aspirations within the wider community
• Assist with seeking meaningful activities, courses and training
• Enable people to enhance their social and communication skills
• Promote independence and peer support.
The service is for people who:
• Are experiencing severe and enduring mental illness
• Need to develop and learn new skills
• Want to engage in meaningful activities
- Further info: www.sadealing.blogspot.com/
- Posted by: Chaminda Jayanetti at 12:05pm on 27 January 2011
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?