Gloucester Financial Inclusion Fund staff GL2
The following redundancies have been announced in Gloucester’s Financial Inclusion Fund (FIF) team at Podsmead.
* FIF Debt Advice Service debt specialist (full-time, 37 hours pw) covering Gloucester and Cheltenham - redundant from 31 March 2011
* FIF caseworker assistant (10 hours pw) - redundant from 31 March 2011
* FIF Administrator (18 hours pw) - redundant from 31 March 2011
The FIF debt team provides advice to people struggling with debts and bills or bailiffs and court action. The team is supported by eight volunteers who carry out receptionist duties. The volunteers have not been consulted on the redundancies.
Other advice posts at Matson and Parry Hall are currently under threat of redundancy, although as of January 2011 no specific date has been given for when these redundancies will take effect:
* 1 x Generalist Advice including Debt (35 hours pw)
* 2 x Generalist Advice (30 hours pw)
Administration posts based at Matson, in consultation since 10 Jan 2011:
* Finance and Administration Manager (full-time, 37 hours pw)
* 2 x Administration Assistants/Receptionists
One 25 hours pw post of 25 hours per week is to be created to service existing commissioned benefits advice to children’s centres.
Administration is to be reduced to two posts that the new draft job description appears to combine the redundant Finance and Administration Manager’s job with the existing Administration Assistant/Receptionist’s role.
These redundancies effectively take away the independent, impartial, free face-to-face advice service provided by GL Communities for the people of Gloucester.
- Posted by: Garry Mills at 8:41pm on 29 January 2011
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?