Dorset school improvement service
Dorset County Council is planning to make cuts to its school improvement service. There is the potential to increase earned income in this area as funding for school improvement is moved to schools for them to buy services. Exploratory discussions with potential partners are in hand to enhance the provision and share the risk but a substantial traded service is not likely to emerge until 2012-13. Thus, for 2011/12 savings opportunities are limited to:
• Reducing support to curriculum coordination.
• Reducing the amount of money available to pay for consultants to help improve the standards of schools;
• Cutting the budget that has paid for premature retirement costs of teachers, which will in future need to be found from the Dedicated Schools Grant
Dorset County Council has already required Outdoor Education, the Music Service and the Dorset Centre for Educational Technology to become self-financing.
- Further info: www1.dorsetforyou.com/COUNCIL/commis2009.nsf/4181A3CB283FAC95802577F300321B0E/$file/Microsoft Word - Dec10 Addressing the budget deficit.pdf
- Source: www1.dorsetforyou.com/COUNCIL/commis2009.nsf/4181A3CB283FAC9580257…
- Posted by: Tommy Hardy at 6:14pm on 17 December 2010
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?