Dorset County Council regulatory services
Dorset County Council is proposing the following cuts to its regulatory services in 2010/11:
• reducing activity with partners to support drug action and community safety initiatives;
• reducing slightly the level of staff support to emergency planning activity, whilst providing service required in advance of the Olympics. Savings proposals assume continued levels of funding from district and borough councils for shared resilience;
• closing two of the twelve registrars offices. Looking at opportunities to replace the current Weymouth ceremony room when it closes in April 2011;
• reducing the number of trading standards officers, with a potential impact on time taken to undertake food and product safety testing, investigations into criminal matters and work to tackle rogue traders.
- Further info: www1.dorsetforyou.com/COUNCIL/commis2009.nsf/4181A3CB283FAC95802577F300321B0E/$file/Microsoft Word - Dec10 Addressing the budget deficit.pdf
- Source: www1.dorsetforyou.com/COUNCIL/commis2009.nsf/4181A3CB283FAC9580257…
- Posted by: Tommy Hardy at 6:24pm on 17 December 2010
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?