Dorset County Council planning services
Dorset County Council is proposing the following cuts to its planning service in 2011/12:
• ending staff support to tourism (albeit with the continued contractual obligation to the Destination Dorset website);
• restructure and reduce the planning and transport groups;
• reducing capacity to support and match-fund economic development projects;
• discontinuing membership of the Assembly of European Regions;
• reducing grants provided to support delivery of the World Heritage Site and Area of Outstanding National Beauty management plans;
• reducing capacity to influence some national research streams and publish Research & Information data and advice;
• stopping support to district and borough councils on affordable housing issues
The council’s planning service incorporates economic development, environment, Olympics, research and information, statutory planning and transport planning.
- Further info: www1.dorsetforyou.com/COUNCIL/commis2009.nsf/4181A3CB283FAC95802577F300321B0E/$file/Microsoft Word - Dec10 Addressing the budget deficit.pdf
- Source: www1.dorsetforyou.com/COUNCIL/commis2009.nsf/4181A3CB283FAC9580257…
- Posted by: Tommy Hardy at 6:27pm on 17 December 2010
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?