Dorset adoption and children in care
Dorset County Council is planning the following cuts to services relating to adoption and children in care:
• reducing the service to adopted adults seeking contact with birth relatives, and requests for assessment for step-parent adoption;
• continuing the policy of reduced levels of loyalty payments for foster carers;
• reducing the range of support services provided to families with children experiencing difficulties and making efficiencies in the management structure that supports this service;
• reducing administration and coordination of meetings that support the Safeguarding Children Board and Family Group Conferences
The council says these cuts will allow it protect a priority focus on child protection, children in care and children on the edge of care (with the associated statutory processes).
- Further info: www1.dorsetforyou.com/COUNCIL/commis2009.nsf/4181A3CB283FAC95802577F300321B0E/$file/Microsoft Word - Dec10 Addressing the budget deficit.pdf
- Source: www1.dorsetforyou.com/COUNCIL/commis2009.nsf/4181A3CB283FAC9580257…
- Posted by: Tommy Hardy at 6:10pm on 17 December 2010
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?