Camden voluntary sector funding
Camden Council plans to cut discretionary funding for the voluntary and community sector by around £2.5 million per year, meaning that some groups will lose funding they have previously received.
The reductions in funding are accompanied by the following proposals that the council believes will improve the effectiveness of the funding programme:
* current funding categories retired and full outcomes-based programme implemented
* separate community centres funding and support package
* better connected and targeted capacity building offer
* introduce a social innovation fund
* stop rent grants and have a clear policy on rent and property investment
In addition, the council plans to introduce stringent criteria that weight discretionary rate relief awards in favour of organisations with a local focus from 2011/12. For 2012/13 onwards, the council will seek to make broader, more fundamental changes to its policy.
- Further info: www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/council-and-democracy/publications-and-finances/twocolumn/culture-and-environment.en?page=7
- Source: www.camdennewjournal.com/news/2010/nov/camden-councils-deepest-eve…
- Posted by: Chaminda Jayanetti at 2:53pm on 1 December 2010
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?