Camden housing repairs
Camden Council is planning to cut the housing repairs it carries out through a number of measures:
a) Ceasing to carry out non-essential communal repairs in council housing and on council estates. The council will monitor the risk that this raises of estates deteriorating over time, and the impact on tenant and leaseholder satisfaction;
c) Ceasing to carry out decorating work within council housing after repairs have been completed. Instead, tenants will be given decorating packs or vouchers for decorating materials so they can complete their own decorating. Exceptions to this will be considered where a tenant cannot complete their own decorating work;
d) Ceasing the non-statutory decorating scheme for older people;
e) Reducing the number of internal repairs that are carried out by:
* only undertaking repairs that are required by statute;
* investigating requests for multiple or repeat repairs in one home to identify the root of the problem; and
* introducing a repairs holiday following the completion of better homes work.
These proposals are subject to external consultation by the council.
- Further info: www.camden.gov.uk/ccm/content/council-and-democracy/publications-and-finances/twocolumn/Housing.en?page=5
- Source: www.camdennewjournal.com/news/2010/nov/camden-councils-deepest-eve…
- Posted by: Chaminda Jayanetti at 8:10pm on 1 December 2010
Does this cut affect you or someone you know?