BPACC - Workers Memorial Day
Saturday 28th April - Workers Memorial Day
Members of BPACC joined local trade unionists for Workers Memorial Day in Poole Park to “remember the dead but pledged to fight for the living”. Lack of proper attention to safe systems of work and cuts to the HSE inspection priorities could cost you your life . . .
• 171 workers killed at work
• 800 workers are killed on the roads while working
• 4000 workers died from lung disease
• 8000 workers die of cancers that are caused by their work
• 118,000 workers had work related injuries reported under RIDDOR
• 1.2 million workers’ suffering from a work-related illness.
• 26.4 million working days lost due to work-related illness and injury
Makes you think . . .
- Posted by: Steve Attwill at 4:15pm on 11 May 2012
- Website: www.bpacc.co.uk
(Abusive or off-topic comments will be deleted)