Trafalgar Square Occupation
Come join the Trafalgar Square Occupation
- Starting 2nd April, the occupation has happened over two months from 6.30pm Saturdays for 24 hours, with a 48 hour camp over May Day weekend.
Who are we?
- We are the public. We are ordinary people opposed to what the government is doing. Among us are anti-cuts activists, working people, professionals, students, trade unionists and homeless people. Come and join us and add yourself to the mix
Why are we here?
- Because there are alternatives to what we are being told by the government. We are here to create a safe space to learn about the alternatives and act on them
- Because government policy and the current cuts are affecting the most vulnerable in our society, and benefiting those protected from the consequences. We are here to make our opposition felt
- The government is currently trying to silence those that do not agree with their policies, which makes it even more important to make a stand now
What do you need to know?
- For this occupation, through consensus agreement we are engaging in a peaceful mode of protest - if there are attempts to remove participants, they will resist non-violently. The occupation also fully respects that there are many valid modes of protest
- It cannot be emphasised how important it is to know your rights. Read and follow the advice from Green & Black Cross Legal advice - http://greenandblackcross.org/legal
- To make the space as safe as possible we’ve agreed a number of ground rules - https://www.facebook.com/notes/trafalgar-square-anti-cuts-occupation/trafalgar-square-anti-cuts-occupation-ground-rules/185795728140098
- Things to bring - http://occupytrafalgarsquare.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/things-to-bring/
- Website: occupytraf.tumblr.com
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/occupytraf
- Twitter: @http://www.twitter.com/occupytraf
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 078044 067766