Queer Resistance is an independent collective of queers and allies across the UK coming together to fight the cuts. Our members include lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, intersex and queer folk as well as many friends and allies.
The group aims to bring together individuals from the widest possible range of backgrounds, united in their commitment to resist the cuts, which are already hitting the most vulnerable members in our society, including many from the LGBTQ communities. It also acts to raise awareness of the impact of the Government’s plans as well as providing a support group for the LGBTQ community and unifying like-minded individuals, working with anti-cuts groups, existing LGBTQ groups and other organisations from across the UK and beyond in the fight for the alternative.
It also aims to challenge the common portrayal of the LGBTQ community as part of a wealthy and influential professional elite, when in reality many are often economically and socially disadvantaged members of UK society.
Our key aims:
• Provide a support group for LGBTQ people that want to go on anti-funding cuts marches and demonstrations while also giving more visibility to LGBTQ communities;
• Protest in solidarity with other groups and organisations across the UK and beyond;
• Highlight how LGBTQ communities are and will be affected by the cuts to public in general;
• Raise awareness of the cuts in LGBTQ communities to ensure they fully understand how their families, friends and neighbourhoods will be affected.
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/qresistance
- Twitter: @https://twitter.com/queerresistance
- Email: email@example.com