Top ten private sector commissioning failures
Barnet Unison has put together its top ten list of privatisation and private sector commissioning failures. Some extraordinary ones in here. We might add more. There are plenty around, after all.
Follow the links to see how badly these private sector companies have "delivered" services:
1. Jeremy Hunt: 'completely normal' for contractor to fail to deliver http://ning.it/OV8pPC
2. Winterbourne - Timeline: Winterbourne View abuse scandal http://ning.it/18tbEaf
3. Southwest One contract dispute cost council £5.9m http://ning.it/18tbHTs
4. Timeline: how G4S's bungled Olympics security contract unfolded http://ning.it/1b4EnGP
5. G4S faces fraud investigation over tagging contracts http://ning.it/18tbNKJ
6. Private contractor fiddled data when reporting to NHS, says watchdog http://ning.it/1b4EwtN
7. Serco tagging scandal could hit sale of MoD agency contract - http://ning.it/1b4ExOp
8. MPs CALL FOR CAPITA CONTRACT TO BE AXED http://ning.it/1b4EHoV
9. BT overcharging Liverpool council by £10m a year, report claims http://ning.it/1b4EPoq
10. Southern Cross set to shut down and stop running homes - http://ning.it/1b4F0A1
and let's also add:
11. ATOS - with employment and support allowance appeals up by 70% in recent figures.
12. A special shoutout to ALS/Capita for the shambles made of the courts' outsourced interpreting service
13. A4e for multiple allegations of fraud and getting just 3.5% of referrals into long term jobs – below the minimum target set by the DWP.
15. The Fremantle Trust: Barnet council outsourced care for the elderly to the trust, which in due course slaughtered careworkers' wages and told them to work extra hours to make up their lost salaries. Careworkers were in dispute with the trust for two years. The Trust later admitted these cuts hadn't done much to improve the books. Its sister company, Catalyst, took the council to court for more money and was awarded millions in arbitration.
16. Care UK for failing to process the x-ray records of 6000 patients
17. Out of hours care provider Harmoni: Privatised GP service understaffed and missing targets, watchdog finds.
- Posted by: False Economy at 5:37pm on 21 July 2013
- Filed under: Benefits, Inequality, Local government, Privatisation
(Abusive or off-topic comments will be deleted)