Save the Independent Living Fund - join the campaign!
Last month, disabilities minister Mike Penning announced a second attack on the Independent Living Fund, which is a the fund that severely disabled people use to pay for the extra carer hours they need to live independent lives. Penning says the fund will be closed in June 2015.
Last year, disabled people and campaigners had a major victory when the court of appeal overturned a 2012 government decision to close the fund.
The campaign has begun again. There will be more news and details to follow.
In the meantime, here are some of the ways that you can join the campaign to save the ILF:
- Visit, ‘Like’ and share the campaign page on facebook
- Take part and show support for the campaign: print this picture, take a selfie with it and post to the campaign page on facebook to support #SaveILF
- Please show your support for the campaign by sharing and tweeting from the tweetpage dftr.org.uk/SaveILF or your own tweets using the #SaveILF hashtag
- Ask your MP to sign EDM for #SaveILF https://www.writetothem.com/, unless they’ve already signed-check here http://www.parliament.uk/edm/2013-14/1234
- Join the PCS – Save the Independent Living Fund Email Your MP Campaign http://action.pcs.org.uk/page/speakout/save-the-ilf
The “Save The Independent Living Fund” postcard campaign is supported by GMCDP, ALLFIE, DPAC, Inclusion London and Equal Lives.
More to follow soon.
- Posted by: False Economy at 12:34pm on 21 April 2014
- Filed under: Benefits, Disability, Local government, Protest
(Abusive or off-topic comments will be deleted)