Have you signed the WOW petition? Nearly 8000 signatures already!
With nearly 8000 signatures on the WOW petition already, disability activists are calling for a cumulative impact assessment of welfare reform, and a new deal for sick and disabled people based on their needs, abilities and ambitions.
They need 100,000 signatures to stop the War On Welfare.
The petition, which was created by Francesca Martinez, calls for:
- A cumulative impact assessment of all cuts and changes affecting sick and disabled people, their families and carers, and a free vote on repeal of the Welfare Reform Act.
- An immediate end to the work capability assessment, as voted for by the British Medical Association.
- Consultation between the departments of health and education to improve support into work for sick and disabled people, and an end to forced work under threat of sanctions for people on disability benefits.
- An independent, committee-based inquiry into welfare reform, covering but not limited to:
(1) Care home admission rises, daycare centres, access to education for people with learning difficulties, universal mental health treatments, Remploy closures;
(2) DWP media links, the ATOS contract, IT implementation of Universal Credit;
(3) Human rights abuses against disabled people, excess claimant deaths & the disregard of medical evidence in decision making by ATOS, DWP & the Tribunal Service.
- Posted by: False Economy at 7:43pm on 28 December 2012
- Filed under: Benefits, Disability, Protest, Social care
(Abusive or off-topic comments will be deleted)