DWP Unspun - a new website from False Economy
The Department for Work and Pension’s combination of cuts and incompetence has been toxic for all sorts of struggling and, indeed, “hardworking” people it would prefer you not to hear about. While all government departments spin, the DWP seems to spin harder and faster than most as its problems deepen, lashing out at those who fail to toe the line.
That’s why False Economy has launched DWP Unspun, with an aim to report "everything the government doesn’t want you to know about work and benefits”. Highlights include:
- The amazing DWP Truth Detector – to fact-check government statements.
- The essential guide to welfare cuts and reforms - often complex changes explained in plain English.
- An incredible infographic tracking the unstoppable progress of Universal Credit.
Some of DWP Unspun will make you laugh, like coverage of the government's increasingly desperate attempts to put a positive spin on its failing reforms. But much of it will make you angry – and the site's Take action section explains what you can do next.
- Posted by: False Economy at 6:18am on 14 July 2014
- Filed under: Benefits, Disability, False Economy website, Poverty, Social care
(Abusive or off-topic comments will be deleted)