This policy reflects our duties under the Data Protection Act to use information fairly, keep it secure, make sure it is accurate and to keep it up to date. This policy applies to all the pages hosted on this site. It does not apply to other organisations to which we may link and whose privacy policies may differ.
Information we may collect
We may collect and store the following kinds of personal data:
- We will collect information which you give to us via email or through the forms on the website.
- Your details may be stored on a "cookie". This is a tiny element of data that our site can send to your browser, which may then be stored on your hard drive. This small amount of information does NOT contain any private information stored on your computer. We may use Google Analytics to analyse the use of this website. Google Analytics generates statistical and other information about website use by means of cookies. For more information about cookies, see www.allaboutcookies.org
How we may use your information
Personal data submitted on this website will only be used for the purposes it was collected.
There are five areas of the website where you can upload data for publication: Add a cut, Add a testimony, Add a campaign, Add an event, Add a report. By using these forms you consent to this information being published online under a Creative Commons licence.
We may also use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- for the purpose of direct marketing if you have opted in to a particular service.
Sharing of information
False Economy will not disclose any of your personally identifiable information to any third party unless we have your permission, or under special circumstances, such as when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
We make every effort to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of information under our control. However, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
Accessing, correcting or deleting your data